Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Project-365 1-1-2010

I don't know how successful I'm going to be, 
but I am attempting to join the 365-Project, 
taking and posting a photo every day of the year.  
Of course if any of my travel goals come to fruition during this 2010, I may have some major lapses.  


For New Year's Day, we had our traditional Christmas Brunch Eggs Benedict.  
Hmmm, I wrote Christmas?  
So why are we having it again on New Year's?  
Simply because we can.  

Eggs Benedict w/ Martinelli's Sparkling Cider

I've been making Eggs Benedict for as long as I can remember.
  I don't even remember the first time I ate it. 
My mom loved to attempt to prepare classics

and Hollandaise was one of her favorites.  
I do recall lucking out for my 
Food Science Final back in college. 
I drew Hollandaise (an emulsion)... 
it almost felt like cheating.  
My roommate drew fudge and could not get it to come out right. Needless to say, I aced the final.   

These days I prepare Hollandaise in the blender. 
But I still can make it in a double boiler 
(or 2 saucepans stacked in each other) 
when requested away from a blender.


No comments: