Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Heroes are Among Us

Yesterday a heroic rescue by the U.S. Navy Seals from modern day pirates took place in an ocean far away. I thought it timely to share the creed of the Navy Seals, the rescuers of that captain/hostage. This was in no way a romantic pirate tale-- lives were lost. These men are real heroes!



The Navy Seal Creed:

"My loyalty to country and team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans, always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own. I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men. ... In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. ... I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight."






When we lived in San Diego, there was a member of our Sunday School class who was a Navy Seal trainer. Can you imagine training these guys?




In the words of Ronald Reagan, "Where do we find such men?" These heroes? We find them among us. "We are indeed, and we are today, the last best hope of man on earth." We find them in the USA!


No comments: