Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Saturday, June 5, 2010

PINK is Back with a Blast to the Past!

Long time... no PINK!!!

When my girlfriend posted this photo from 1990 on Facebook yesterday, 
I knew I had to use it for Beverly's Pink Saturday. 20 years!!!

This was Ladies' Retreat with our Sunday School class.
As cabin leader, I came up with the theme "Moonlight and Roses" and the tee shirts for our cabin. 
We were the non-sleeping cabin, the rowdies (thus the moonlight)
and we decorated our cabin with fervor (the roses).

Oh, that's me up front.  I'm one of maybe two with no perm.
   Look at the high waisted jeans  
...and the colored socks! 
...and the rolled sleeves!

What was my "baby's" reaction? 
"Mom, you were SKINNY!" She's disinherited!

Enjoy, and please visit other Pink Saturday sites.


8 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Love old photos with nice memories.


~ Gabriela ~

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Such a great photo. I get the same reaction on photos from the past from my grandkids. Oh well....Have a great weekend and come by to visit. Debbie

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Weren't those the days??? I bet you love looking at that photo and remembering the fun you had!
I want to be in your cabin!

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY....
Jil
xo

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

I love pink T-shirts,
lovely post, shay!

Sherry from Alabama said...

Cute! I especially love the pink socks!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Maggie said...

Happy PS!

Maggie @
Do these shoes match this purse?

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Shay. It is so nice to have your smiling face here again.

I loved sharing your memories. You girls look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm still visiting all Pinkies, there are so many! So Happy Pink Saturday (or shall I say Pink week)to you!! Esther