Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nana McGreal's Pumpkin Bread




We just returned from Boston for Thanksgiving. 


Imagine our delight when my Nana's Pumpkin Bread recipe was served by Aunt Elena.  I had no idea Nana had a pumpkin bread recipe.  My son Jay loooooovvves just about anything pumpkin. Well, so do most all of us.







And then we went to dinner at lifetime friends' Annette & Phil's house.  Annette not only made Pumpkin Bread too but it was the same recipe!!!!! NANA'S!! (Annette grew up next door to my Nana.)



So here for your pleasure, is my Nana's Pumpkin Bread recipe, brought to you by Aunt Elena and my friend Annette.  Thank you for preserving this family treat ladies!


Nana McGreal's Pumpkin Bread
3c sugar
4 eggs
1c salad oil
2/3 H20
1 can pumpkin pie mix
3 1/2 c sifted flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
  • Beat first 5 ingredients. 
  • Add dry & mix together.
  • Bake @350 degrees 1 hour
(raisins? nuts?)

2 comments:

Ynaffit said...

YUM! Nicole and I loved it for breakfast this morning!!!

Neabear said...

What wonderful memories!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!

~Linnea