Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I heart my Longaberger dishes.
I have been growing my collection for quite some time.
I began with the Classic Blue and mostly had some serving pieces.



I considered getting the dinnerware but just couldn't seem to make the jump.


That is until we visited Bass and Baskets Bed and Breakfast on Lake of the Ozarks for our 29th anniversary:(Click on the above photo to get to the B&B site)
Deb is a Longaberger dealer and has decorated the entire establishment with Longaberger baskets and pottery!
She used the multi-color pottery for her table service and I went home with inspiration.



(click on the above photo to read about her in the Longaberger magazine)
So here is my Longaberger dinnerware.
I really love to use the luncheon plates, but sometimes we need the dinner size.
Tonite I will use both because I am attempting to duplicate a bruschetta recipe from a local restaurant.
Believe me, it is AWESOME bruschetta! When I get it right, I will post the recipe.


I also just bought some new flatware!
I was inspired by Gollum.
She has many tablescapes and many sets of dinnerware and flatware.
So I searched and found the Avalon flatware.

And they even had spreader knives, cocktail forks and mini spoons.
H thinks they are for her and Baby J!

And the little Longaberger plates are part of the Children's Tea Set.
Cute, huh?
And one more of my favorite things... My friend Stephanie!!
Stephanie came up from Arkansas, Greers Ferry Lake area for a very quick one overnighter turnaround visit.
Steph and I go way back.
We both lived in El Cajon back in Cali days.
We met in Sunday School, used to go to the Mission Beach Monday nights at the beach.
And we were humongo preggers together, she with her second, me with my Baby.
Since we both moved from Cali, we've both gone back to school: she's now an RN and I'm teaching.
Our kids are all grown up and we both have grandgirlees!
The visit was way too short, but I was happy to get even a little one in!
Come back Stephanie... and bring Gary with you next time!


P.S. I've gotten rid of most of my Classic Blue and am slowly replacing the serving pieces.

No comments: