Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Sunday, November 4, 2007

This IS my costume!


This is what I wore all day for Halloween!!!


I really don't do costumes but when I found this apron I couldn't resist. Wore it at school (I'm the FOODS teacher remember) and then to Mom's nursing facility. Got lots of chuckles, especially when I asked if I look like I've lost weight!! HA!

Here are just a few pics around our place the other morning. This first pic is standing right by our dock looking toward the spillway. If you read the post regarding the old resort, the big ol' pool was below the spillway, fed by a spring well and BRRRRRR! Beyond that is the valley and the traintracks. We don't hear much train whistling, only certain engineers, but we sure hear the the rumbling of the engines as they go by. Almost every hour on the hour. We're still not used to it, but even when we were way out in the country, 8 miles from the tracks, we could hear the whistle if it was still and quiet. The paddleboat came with the house, we're kinda sharing it with our friends who sold us the place.


This is from the shoreline looking up at the house. The house is deceptive from the front... looks kinda small but it's big by our standards. Our bedroom is upstairs to the left with all the windows. Our bathroom is the recessed set of windows further to the left, and there is a spa deck beyond that. Hubby just got it drained and set up and we haven't ventured out yet. Tonite dear?
This is looking the other direction from before. The house is up the hill to the right. You can barely see the end of the lake curving to the right and that's where the dam is. The lake is only 14-17 acres, according to who you are talking to. S'okay by me!This is Pug. She is supposed to be a good mouser. HA! She's a hussy who keeps birthin' babies. She's supposed to be keeping the squirrels at bay (they are everywhere since we are surrounded by oak trees) but she would rather cat around instead.

This is a squirrel. Kinda in your face standoff, eh? The lions are guarding the entrance to our driveway. Do you think Pug is concerned about the squirrel?
Finally~~ we are supposed to be off to church right now (shame on me for sitting here). It's the first Sunday of the month aka "Potluck Sunday" or "Church Dinner". Here're my meager contributions: baked pasta (still needs the cheese melted on top but I've learned from years past that if I put it on ahead of time, someone will stir it and then there are globs of cheese glumped throughout and no one will eat it), cole slaw, and a pan of lemon squares (can't find my square baking dish so it looks like a pie and someone will probably cut it like a pie and all will think it's a pie but I know it's lemon squares). Have a great Sunday!!!



1 comment:

PAT said...

Every time I see your beautiful new home, it strengthens my resolve to have a little piece of the Ozarks!

Love your "costume"!

Pat