Married 30+ years to the same sweet man & plan to hang on to him! Pray for your family daily!! If you don't... who will?

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What did you GIVE in 2010?

On January 2, I posted on my facebook status that I was going to ask my students "What did you give in 2010?", (as opposed to what did they get) -- via @sanmccarron on Twitter
Here are a few of their responses:

Volunteer a lot of my time
Support to family
Love & Happiness
Friendship
Gift of Music
Respect
Blood
My life to Christ

Also at the beginning of the year I have students fill out a Bucket List of just 10 things they want to do/accomplish in their lives. This idea was adapted from Marcia Ritter at the 2009 MOEFACS Summer Conference. Here are just a few:

Save a life
Be the best teacher ever
Meet my dad
Aplogize for my mistakes & mean it!
Pass Personal Finance w/an A :-)
Give someone $1000 just because...
Learn the banjo
Visit every country in the world
Get over my fear of heights
Take over my father's business
Visit the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
Pay for someone to go to college

Hope this improves your day!!!

1 comment:

Glennis said...

Hi, Shaybert!!

I'd love to hear more of your stories about growing up in Santa Monica.

Can you email me? My email contact is at my blogger profile

Aunt Snow